Music Together® Online
Canta y Baila Conmigo® Online
- One 25-minute private live Zoom class a week for 10 weeks, limited to 20 families. We’ll open the Zoom space 10 minutes prior to class to settle in and to allow time to connect/interact with other parents, grandparents, caregivers and children.
- One new pre-recorded 25-minute class each week with either Anne, Jen or myself (we’ll alternate weeks).
- One new pre-recorded 10-15 minute lullaby time each week with either Anne, Jen or myself (we’ll alternate weeks).
- Families will retain access to recordings of all classes for the full 10 weeks. Note, families will receive access to recordings of only their own live Zoom classes for privacy.
- We’ll also be posting additional videos around a craft, MT storybook, a parent education point, as well as resources from Music Together Worldwide in our private Facebook group.
Mixed Age class
The creator of our Canta y Baila Conmigo offering has designed a robust interactive online experience called Family Playground! There are 8 weeks of “Playdates” with Maddie leading the collection. Two videos will be released to you each week so families don’t move ahead too quickly. All families receive a code for the music.
The Canta y Baila Conmigo Family Playground includes:
Sing-along videos with Maddie
Downloadable coloring and activity pages
Craft activities related to the songs being sung
Video messages/songs from CyBC teachers around the country
Spanish lessons for parents and older kids
Bonus games and Contests
Our Mixed Ages classes provide weekly music classes in a setting that is geared towards children from birth through age five.
- This class follows the recommendations of child development researchers in grouping children of a variety of ages in one class.
- The approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
- Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments.
- We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
- During the Fall, Winter and Spring semesters, classes meet once a week for 10 weeks. During the Summer, classes meet once a week for 6 weeks.
- You will receive two professionally recorded CDs and illustrated songbooks semester so you can continue your music-making fun at home,
- New families will receive a copy of “Music Together at Home: Helping Your Child Grow Musically” parent DVD.
To see a mixed ages class in action, check out this wonderful video at MusicTogether.com.
Our Babies Classes provide a fun and welcoming learning environment for babies age 6 months and younger (at the Class Start date) with a parent or caregiver. By attending our Babies Classes, you will:
- Immerse your baby in a fun and safe musical learning environment,
- Meet other new parents and caregivers as you interact together with your babies,
- Learn from our highly trained Music Together instructors, who will teach you how to help your baby grow musically, in class and at home,
- Receive two professionally recorded CDs and illustrated songbooks semester so you can continue your music-making fun at home,
- Receive a copy of "Babbling With Your Baby", provided to all new families in Music Together of Vienna,
- Rest assured that we provide a welcoming environment where you can soothe a crying baby, nurse or bottle feed a hungry baby, or hold a sleeping baby in a comfortable and accepting setting.
Our Babies Class provides a one semester introduction to Music Together, after which we encourage participation in our Mixed Ages classes. All babies are also welcome to attend our Mixed Ages Classes from the start.
Music Together Generations is a mixed-age music class with the sweetest twist: the addition of elder participants! In senior residential and day programs across the country, people of all ages come together to sing, dance, shake shakers, and swing scarves. At Music Together of Vienna, these intergenerational classes are held at Sunrise Senior Living in Fairfax.
As the children’s music-learning is nurtured, families also foster new and important relationships with the senior participants, who we call “Musical Grandfriends.” Seniors look forward to the children's lively visits and the chance to share memories and stories. The additional cognitive, physical, and emotional benefits for both children and elders make the Generations class a heartwarming win-win for everyone.
You'll value bringing this class into your child's foundational years. And if you haven't had much experience with older adults, you'll love what this class does for you, too!
CYBC Spanish Music Class
Take a journey into Spanish language and its cultures through the magical world of music. Canta y Baila Conmigo combines music education and language immersion and is designed for beginners and native speakers alike. Canta y Baila Conmigo creates a playful, interactive atmosphere where language learning is integrated naturally into the musical experience. Young children and their adults experience another culture and language firsthand while exploring and developing musically in an age-appropriate manner. Families attend a series of weekly 45-minute classes. They also receive a songbook and CD each semester to continue the singing, dancing and learning at home.
Music Together con Espanol
Enjoy all the benefits of a classic Music Together Mixed-age Family Class, now with added Spanish lyrics and bilingual recordings too! Regardless of your level of proficiency with the Spanish language, you and your child will love the music, the dancing, and enjoy singing the songs from our current song collection in English and Spanish! Family activities are provided in Spanish, in addition to the take-home materials in English.